Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Looking Ahead (I have a Single!)

Before I begin, be sure to check out Dylan's video depicting a beautiful day at Clark! (And check out his blog, too: here)

I cannot believe that I have only about a month left in my Junior year at Clark! I have successfully completed the Housing Selection process for next year (I will be living in a single in the Wellness House). Three of my friends will be living in the house along with me, as well as a variety of other upper & underclassmen. The housing process was fairly simple this year, as it has been in all of my experiences with it. It is important to strive for what one wants, but to keep in mind that it just may not be plausible, and to keep a list of back-ups just in case. Actively monitoring rooms/prices throughout the process is helpful as well.
A picture of my current & future home

I've begun looking at course offerings for next Fall. My focus will be on completing my mid-level courses (for Psychology) and final requirement for the Jewish Studies concentration, as well as beginning preparation for my two capstones (one in Jewish Studies and one in Psychology). I am somewhat unfamiliar with this entire process, but I am confident that my Faculty Adviser will be able to guide me in the correct direction. As far as I can tell, it is necessary for me at this point to look for seminars/labs/research that I would like to engage in, and then contact the faculty of these courses. Clark has a lot of interesting offerings for next semester, so I will need to spend some time narrowing down my choices.

An update on classes:
I ended up writing my Human Sexuality reflection paper on time spent in sex shops (there are two in Portland, ME that I visited previously). Writing the paper was somewhat difficult, despite its overall narrative format; much self-reflection was required, not just in regard to my experiences in the sex shop, but with my own ideals in regards to sexual activity, and speculation as to where those may have been produced. Once again, I am thankful to be taking this course because it has allowed me to view sexuality from a more academic perspective while providing a comfortable setting in which to discuss potentially sensitive topics.

Last night I engaged in my second lab session for Astronomy. I'm still finding it somewhat difficult to find the constellations and stars on my own, but luckily I've been attending the sessions with a partner, as well as receiving much aid from very helpful TAs. I'm really good at finding Orion, but still maintain some difficulty with other constellations (and especially singular stars). The sky is becoming overall more familiar, though, which is really neat!

We're still in the very early stages for our Interview Project in Qualitative Methods (though we've been doing some fairly interesting readings), and we've just started to examine the Proverbs in Hebrew Bible II, so I don't currently have much to report from either of these classes.

This weekend is exciting and full of events! Curtains: The Musical is occurring this weekend (I'm planning on attending the Saturday evening show), there are Pea Pod Squad shows on Friday and Saturday, and I picked up a free Worcester Sharks ticket from the Office of Student Leadership & Planning today for the games this weekend! All of these things are very exciting, and free.

Hopefully I will soon have updates on my Interview Project, as well as some more information in regards to courses for next Fall.

Happy Wednesday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment